Department of Psychology
Practical psychology is the sphere of human activity, the system of psychological knowledge and the field of research, the content of which is extremely close to the content of the concept of applied psychology.
In both cases, it is about the active application of the advances in psychological theory. But practical psychology develops an independent sphere of activity, in contrast to applied, which only modifies existing practices in accordance with the recommendations of psychological theory. Yes, for example, you can talk about practical psychology in social work and psychology of social work (applied aspect of social work aspect of psychological science).
The field of human activity - practical psychology can be deployed both independently and organizationally related to related practices. For example, a practitioner psychologist may advise on time management in the context of personal practice or as an HR (training and development) employee at an enterprise.
The separation of applied and practical psychology is a controversial issue. In the list of directions in which specialists are trained there is no applied psychology, instead, it is practical.
Standards of Practical Psychology
The following standards of practical psychology are legally defined:
Practical Psychology Specialist Prepared for:
- Psycho-diagnostic and psycho-correction work with different categories of citizens;
- Provision of advisory services to individuals, institutions and organizations;
- Psychological support for the activities of various organizations of all forms of ownership, as well as institutions and departments of public authorities and management;
- Conducting socio-psychological research and optimizing the psychological climate in work teams;
- Career guidance and selection;
- Identification of psychological causes of social maladaptation of children, choice of forms and content of psycho-corrective and psychological-preventive work;
- Psychological patronage of problem categories of the population (disabled, children with delinquent, addictive behavior, etc.).
Major Areas of Professional Practice Psychology: & nbsp; diagnostic, corrective, consultative, communicative, educational, educational, educational, developmental, organizational.
Medical psychology is a branch of science that studies the general and individual psychological patterns of change and recovery of mental activity in various pathological conditions, anomalies of development and maladaptation and their psychodiagnosis, psychotherapy, psychocorrection, rehabilitation and psychoprophylaxis. It is based on psychological theories and psychological methods developed on their basis, the main role of which is to solve scientific and practical problems relevant to medicine.
Areas of research:
- Medical psychology methodology; deontological, ethical and organizational problems in providing medical care;
- Pathopsychology: the study of the role of psychological factors in the etiology and pathogenesis of various mental disorders, the use of data from pathopsychological studies in the differential diagnosis of various diseases, disorders of mental processes and personality in various mental disorders;
- Neuropsychology: the study of the principles and methods of neuropsychological diagnosis and rehabilitation training, the structure and dynamics of disorders of mental functions and personality in local and diffuse brain lesions of different etiology:
- Psychosomatics: the study of the influence of mental factors on mental activity, psychosomatic disorders in the structure of various diseases, psychological factors and mechanisms of development of different types of addictive behavior;
- Psychology of abnormal ontogeny and involution: study of patterns of disorders of mental activity in childhood, methods of psychodiagnosis of anomalies of mental development, psychological aspects of corrective-pedagogical and psychotherapeutic work with abnormal children, disorders of mental functions, personality disorders, personality disorders; / li>
- Psychological counseling, psychotherapy, psycho-correction, psychoprophylaxis, psycho-hygiene and forensic examination - system, principles, methods.
The relevance of some professions is growing in the face of increasing complexity in the world and accelerating scientific and technological progress. Such specialties include the profession of psychologist. Today, as social processes become more dynamic, tense situations often arise in relationships between people, in teams and in families. Due to communication deficits, the role of psychological knowledge and their applied aspect has increased.
The profession of psychologist is a special activity, which, in addition to knowledge, requires certain personal qualities, a special structure of outlook. Therefore, together with the theoretical knowledge and professional skills that are the foundation of any profession, young people, when studying at MAUP, receive a special psychological training and require a comprehensive psychological and pedagogical approach to creating conditions for personal development in the process of professional development. >
In our country, the problem of training practical psychologists has become most urgent recently because there have been subject areas where the assistance of qualified psychologists and professionals will be needed. The rapid development of various industries, closely related to the economic and social problems of society, requires the training of practical psychologists in the fields of advertising, industry, business, management, counseling and therapeutic practice. The needs of these industries stimulate technological, instrumental and technical training of the future psychologist.
At the same time, ethical aspects of motivation are often forgotten, that is, the main component of the personality that determines the quality and specificity of the activity of the future practical psychologist. First of all, it concerns the formation of professional orientation, which is a system-forming factor for the training of a professional psychologist. However, the psychological and pedagogical traditions of the formation and professional development of the individual, which today are accumulated in the psychological and pedagogical sciences, are still insufficiently used in the system of training of practical psychologists. After all, the practical approach to training, the opportunity to learn from professionals who are constantly engaged in therapeutic psychological practice, is absolutely important. Equally important are psychological trainings that develop the future psychologist both as a specialist and as a person. This is what the students of the Dnipropetrovsk Institute of IAUP, in particular, the Department of Practical Psychology, provide.
MAUP DI students acquire theoretical and practical skills of the future profession through lectures and seminars. In addition, the Center for the Organization of Practice, Student Employment and Alumni Work is in place at the MAUP DI for more effective knowledge acquisition, which facilitates the effective passage of practice and future employment. Most often, after practice, executives are pleased to invite MAUP graduates to their jobs.
The Department of Psychology trains practicing psychologists working in a variety of industries, manufacturing, education, law enforcement, the armed forces, medicine, and more. Based on the acquired knowledge and skills psychologists - graduates of DI MAUP are able to provide psychological diagnosis, psychological and management counseling, to provide psychological assistance in solving current problems to individuals and teams, to improve the psychological climate, to develop recommendations for preventive situations. >
Through their work, practical psychologists help to ensure the mental health of our people, increase the self-consciousness of society, translate the principles of humanism and democracy into our lives.
Perfect professional training of psychologists, formation of a clear professional position of a psychologist, use of personal qualities in accordance with the requirements of the profession, active professional communication - all these help graduates of the Dnepropetrovsk Institute of MAUP to become professional psychologists.
The Department of Practical Psychology uses an online learning method that includes:
- Methodical, dialogical interaction of students with teachers in solving problems, modeling the situation, assessing the actions of classmates and their own behavior;
- Collaboration in small groups;
- Active role-playing (training) and training organization of training.
Information technology is also used in psychology studies, Internet resources are used, as well as electronic textbooks and reference books.
As a result of educational activities, there is a development of cognitive interest in the study of psychological disciplines, successful defense of course and diploma work, the development of activity, initiative, confidence, independence of future practical psychologists.