Department of Public Administration
The department is a structural unit of the Dnieper Institute of the Interregional Academy of Personnel Management.
The department in its work is guided by the current legislation of Ukraine on the organization of educational and scientific activities, orders and directives of the Interregional Academy of Personnel Management, IAPM.
The work of the department is based on the principles of legality, democracy, humanism, science, high morals, integration of science with practice, transparency, ensuring human rights and freedoms, personal responsibility of employees for their duties, professionalism, equality of working conditions for each employee to implement their abilities, freedom of the creative process.
The department prepares competent economists and organizers of economic activity for enterprises of various forms of ownership, specialists in business planning, assessment of enterprise and product competitiveness, strategic development of the enterprise, able to make effective management decisions on modern enterprise conditions and forecast their consequences.
The current work of the department is discussed at the meetings of the department, which are held once a month. Reports of teaching, scientific, methodical, educational work of the department are discussed at meetings of the Academic Council of DI MAUP (2 times a year).
Education at the department involves in-depth legal, economic, political science, management, socio-humanitarian, professional training and mastery of analytical and research skills in the field of public administration.
The main in its work the department considers:
- conducting theoretical and methodological studies of processes occurring in various areas of public administration;
- analysis of practical aspects of development and reform of public authorities and local self-government in Ukraine;
- systematization of approaches to improving the system of public administration based on the use of modern innovative technologies and resources, etc.
The development of the department is based on systematic cooperation with leading domestic and foreign scientists, government officials, research institutions and educational institutions, the public.
Scientific and pedagogical staff of the department together with international scientific institutions develop projects for the development of innovative and modern technologies in the field of public administration.
The department initiates, organizes and conducts international and national scientific conferences, round tables, symposia in order to effectively use the creative potential of its employees, as well as for scientific, technical, socio-economic and cultural development of public administration.
Graduates of the department have the opportunity to work in management positions in:
- central bodies of executive, legislative, judicial power and their apparatuses;
- local governments;
- state collegial bodies;
- regional, district state administrations;
- departments, divisions, services of territorial subdivisions of central bodies of state power;
- departments, divisions and other structural subdivisions of local self-government bodies, etc.
As a result of training, graduates of the department acquire not only skills of specialists who are able to systematically analyze current trends in public administration and on this basis to make effective management decisions, but also skills to evaluate the results of their activities, regardless of its functional nature and industry orientation.
Educational and methodical work is the main activity of the department, an integral part of the whole pedagogical process. It consists of planning, organizing and conducting all types of classes, monitoring the assimilation of educational material, ensuring a high theoretical level of teaching, continuous improvement of teaching and education of students, improving the pedagogical skills of teachers.
In the process of educational and methodical work the department should provide a modern scientific level of training, improvement of teaching methods based on a rational combination of traditional teaching methods and new active forms and methods and other educational technologies.
The department is engaged in preparation of textbooks and manuals, development of working curricula, practice programs, control tasks for seminars, practical classes, preparation of individual semester tasks in disciplines for independent work of students, development of methodical materials for students on independent processing of professional literature, writing coursework. and diploma theses.
The department improves the work of the departmental methodical seminar, organization of open and demonstration classes, mutual and control attendance of classes and optimal teaching load of teachers, registration and application in the educational process of a specialized auditorium-courtroom.
Educational and methodical work at the department is organized and carried out in accordance with state educational standards.
The educational process is carried out in the form of classroom classes, independent work of students, practical training, performance of individual tasks, implementation of control measures.
The main types of educational classes are regulated by the Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine "On the organization of the educational process in higher educational institutions" and "Regulations on the organization of the educational process of IAPM".
The main condition for improving the pedagogical process, the pedagogical culture of the teaching staff is to improve professional skills. Planning and organization of professional development of the teaching staff is carried out in accordance with the work plan of the department and the individual work plan of teachers, taking into account their professional affiliation.
Scientific work is one of the main activities of the entire teaching staff of the department.
The main forms of scientific work of the department are:
- conducting research and current areas of special disciplines and problems that meet the profile of the department;
- preparation of monographs, textbooks, manuals, scientific articles, reports on the main disciplines of the department;
- preparation of candidate and doctoral dissertations, consideration and review of dissertations submitted for defense, organization and management of research work of students;
The scientific work of the department is planned for the academic year on the basis of the annual plan of scientific work of the higher educational institution and the proposals of scientific and pedagogical workers.
Scientific work of students is carried out in scientific circles and is made out in the form of abstracts, scientific messages, theses, articles, scientific works recommended by department for participation in competitions, olympiads of high school, interuniversity, republican or other level.
The works that were marked at the competition may, according to the decision of the department, be credited as coursework, and their authors - exempt from passing an exam or test in the relevant discipline taught by the department.
Educational work among students is carried out in organic unity with the learning process.
The main tasks of educational work are:
- training of the conscious intelligentsia, renewal and enrichment of the nation's intellectual gene pool;
- developing a clear civic position of students;
- creating conditions for the development of general culture of students, enrichment of their aesthetic and spiritual experience and development;
- development of high general and professional culture, mastering the achievements of national and world culture, involvement in universal values, acquaintance with the traditions and customs of the Ukrainian people.
The educational work of the department is based on the following principles:
- Humanization of education and upbringing, which provides for the recognition of human value, the fullest disclosure of personal abilities, meeting the intellectual, cognitive, cultural, spiritual needs of students, ensuring the priority of universal values and the implementation of spiritual principles;
- National orientation of education and upbringing, which ensures the inseparability of education and upbringing from the national soil, history of the people, spirituality, its traditions and calls to preserve and ensure the culture of Ukraine;
- Polyvariance and differentiation of educational work, which provides the possibility of a wide choice of forms, methods and measures of education, taking into account the characteristics of a particular student body and individual characteristics of each student;
- Systematic and continuity of the educational process, which ensures the unity of requirements for education and upbringing at all stages of education in higher education.
To carry out the above tasks, the teaching staff of the department carries out in the process of educating students on positive examples of humanism and high morality on a spiritual basis, conducts work to improve methods of education, organizes and conducts seminars, scientific conferences and meetings on the following issues of educational work. participates in the dissemination of scientific and legal knowledge, the achievements of state formation in the implementation of the ideas of the rule of law, excursions, evenings and quizzes.
Conducting educational work involves the use of various forms and methods, among which the main is a systematic and purposeful work with each student and the institute of curation. Only full-time teachers are appointed curators of academic groups.
The general management of the department is carried out by the director of DI IAPM, his deputy and deans of full-time and part-time departments.
The direct management of the department is entrusted to the head of the department, who determines the workload of teachers of the department, holds a meeting of the department, which discusses all aspects of the department: educational, methodological, scientific, educational, organizational.
The department consists of at least five teachers, who usually have a degree and academic title.
The staff of the department is formed by order of the directors of DI IAPM. The staff of the department may include: head of the department, deputy head of the department, professors, associate professors, senior lecturers, teachers, assistants, graduate students, doctoral students and specialists of the department.
Positions of the head of the department, deputy head of the department, professors, associate professors, senior teachers, as a rule, are replaced by persons with appropriate academic degrees and titles, full higher professional education, teaching experience. The specialist of the department, as a rule, has a higher or secondary education.
The activity of the department is carried out in accordance with the work plan for the academic year.
The work plan of the department is based on guiding documents that determine the content of training, long-term and calendar plans of the Academy and DI IAPM and should include specific activities that include performers and deadlines for organizational, educational, educational and research work.
Discussion of the state of implementation of the work plan, other issues of the department is carried out on its basis.
The meeting of the department takes place at least once every 2 months. An extraordinary meeting of the department may be initiated by at least 1/3 of the permanent staff or by decision of the head of the department.
Decisions of the department come into force if at least 2/3 of its permanent members take part in the meeting. Decisions (except in cases) are made by an overwhelming majority of votes of existing members of the department.
Issues of organization of educational research work, which are interdepartmental in nature, can be considered and justified at joint meetings of the departments of the institute.
The department is responsible for the quality of professional training.
The educational process is controlled by the management of DI IAPM, deans of full-time and part-time departments, the head of the department and aims to obtain objective information for its improvement.