Internal quality assurance system of higher education
On September 28, 2017, a new version of the Law of Ukraine "On Education" of September 5, 2017 No. 2145-VIII (hereinafter referred to as the Law) entered into force, which introduces significant changes to the Law of Ukraine "On Higher Education".
According to part 2 of Article 41 of the Law, the components of the education quality assurance system are:
- quality assurance system in educational institutions (internal education quality assurance system);
- the system of external assurance of the quality of education;
- a system for ensuring the quality of the activities of governing bodies and institutions that carry out external assurance of the quality of education.
According to part 3 of this article, the quality assurance system in higher education institutions (internal education quality assurance system) may include:
- strategy and procedures for quality assurance in education;
- system and mechanisms for ensuring academic virtue;
- published criteria, rules and procedures for the assessment of education applicants;
- published criteria, rules and procedures for assessing the scientific and pedagogical activities of scientific and pedagogical workers;
- ensuring the availability of the necessary resources for organizing the educational process, including for independent work of applicants for education;
- ensuring the availability of information systems for the effective management of an educational institution;
- creating an inclusive educational environment in an educational institution, universal design and reasonable accommodation;
- other procedures and activities are determined by special laws or documents of the institution of higher education.
The structure of the internal quality assurance system of higher education