Tax rebate is the taxpayer's costs associated with the purchase of goods (works, services), the amount of which allows you to reduce your annual taxable income.
The person who wants to receive the payment must meet the following criteria:
- have citizenship of Ukraine and IPN (identification code);
- not to be a private entrepreneur;
- the amount of the annual salary should be higher than the amount of the tax rebate (the salary is deducted with the deduction of the ERUs, compulsory insurance of the Savings Fund and the non-state pension fund);
- the discount is required by the end of the tax year following the reporting year. For example, in 2022, the tax rebate will take into account the costs incurred for training in 2021, and in 2023 for 2022.
To recover the funds spent, you must submit the following list of documents to the State Fiscal Service at your place of registration:
- IDN (identification code);
- Declaration of property and income;
- Salary Certificate (Form 3);
- A copy of the agreement with the school;
- Copies of receipts (checks, payment orders) for study;
- Documents confirming the degree of kinship (if the parents pay for the training, then the birth certificate of the child must be provided, if the husband or wife - marriage certificate is claimed for a tax discount);
- Statement of account details for transfer of refund.
It is possible to issue a tax rebate by December 31 of the year following the reporting year (it is understood that in 2023 we will submit documents for 2022).
According to Article 179 of the Tax Code of Ukraine, if you receive training compensation, the funds will be transferred to your bank account within 60 days after the receipt of the package of documents.